Michigan Football: Outback Bowl — Impressions XIII
GBMW Readers: Have a feeling I am going to P*SS some Off!. Wife always says if they gave awards for P*SSING people off it would be named for me, LOL.
1) Michigan team makeup has to change. South Carolina, like others, got chippy and Michigan took the bait.
2) Completely understand why Coach Tolbert was replaced.
3) Michigan lost the 4th quarter or entire second half in four of the losses.
4) Probably not only reason, but why take chance it is.
5) Couple of things you watch for from tired team, penalties and turnovers. And Michigan had both in decisive last twenty minutes.
6) Michigan also gave up big plays on defense, sure sign of tired team.
7) Not only does offense have to improve, so does special teams.
8) My only issue on defense today was once again Michigan gets burnt playing safety on man coverage. Good teams will eventually take advantage of that mismatch.
9) Six points off first two turnovers was pitiful.
10) But Karan Higdon’s fumble was biggest pay of the game.
11) Followed closely by Brandon Peters red-zone interception.
12) Michigan has to fix the right tackle issue. Jon Runyan is good, but very limited.
13) Cesar Ruiz and Michael Onwenu were okay inside.
14) Both should benefit from Coach Ben Herbert’s emphasis on nutrition.
15) My issue with offensive coaches will be different from rest of the board.
16) How Michigan can come out look so completely clueless is beyond me.
17) Slow in the huddle, slow offensive line up, schemes developing slowly. Nothing what so ever to develop any rhythm or tempo.
18) If Michigan offense does not come up with some way to generate big plays they will continue to lose to better teams.
19) Day of scoring twenty-one points off of 3 – fifteen play drives is dead and gone.
20) I lied, defenses scrambling to line up as ball is snapped is mystifying.
21) Please recruit a punter, PLEASE!
22) Slow and not physical is not a good thing on offense.
23) It was not play calling that beat Michigan today.
24) It was turnovers and lack of taking advantage of turnovers that beat Michigan.
25) Michigan has to get better quarterback play, has too.
26) Did any one else shudder every time Brandon Peters tried to roll out.
27) Still think DPJ is going to be a special player.
28) I liked that Michigan played Stephen Spanellis in second half.
29) Michigan defense has to get better in flats. Good job clogging the middle, but teams hurt outside the hash, running and passing.
30) Saved this for last, Thank You Mo Hurst. Not only did you play, but you dominated. That’s the way to go out. Some lucky NFL is going to make you rich.
31) Sad it could not be with a WIN.
32) Will be interesting to see what shakes out this off-season.
Until Next Season!