1. This was a tough game to get much of a read on. Michigan was bigger, faster, and better than Western Michigan to the point they could basically do as they wished with them.
2. If Chris Evans ever learns to cut without stopping he will make quite a few big plays.
3. I realize Michigan did not need it today, but lack of down field passing game is a concern.
4. Michigan only completed one downfield pass.
5. I know WMU was small upfront, but Michigan’s inside zone scheme was much improved.
6. Pulling Big Ed or Big Cesar is interesting. Both have a habit of getting in the way when pulling.
7. Shea Patterson is definitely the leader of the offense. Big improvement over last season.
8. That said, expect him to make a boneheaded play or two per game.
9. As watched game for second time I was really impressed with game Ben Bredeson played. Manhandled the defensive tackle multiple times.
10. This is still not an offense that is going to be able to play behind the chains.
11. Ben Mason is on tough hombre! Karan Higdon should buy him dinner tonight.
12. I liked he flood routes Michigan used out of two tight to slot sets.
13. Is it just me, or does DPJ look step slower tor less explosive so far his season.
14. Most improved part of the offense, WR blocking.
15. Multiple times WR’s were blocking 10 yards down field.
16. Special teams were a plus today.
17. Despite the missed FG and DPJs butterfingers.
18. Moody reaching the end zone of kick offs is a big plus. Thanks for the catch guys. I don’t listen to the play by play and just took for granted it was Nordin.
19. Michigan corners are nasty physical.I loved it!
20. Do expect quite a few PI penalties from them. You cannot play that physical and not get flagged on occasion.
21. Interesting strategy. Michigan over defended outside the hash an gave up the hitches and slants.
22. Not sure if that was because of WMU, or because Michigan had issues setting the edge vs Notre Dame.
23. Don’t get why WMU went away from the slants and hitches. They moved the ball early with them and then stopped throwing them until last series.
24. Thought Ross was a big improvement. He did a nice job staying home on the bounce and stretch play.
25. Not sure why Solomon saw such limited time. He was actually getting solid penetration and making piles.
26. Aiden Hutchinson has a chance to be very good.
27. Watson, Long, and other corners better be ready. Teams are already realizing that throwing at #1 is bad idea.
28. Josh Metellus will never be a great cover guy, but sue is nasty when playing close to the LOS
29. Big difference this week, UM secondary tackling was outstanding.
30. Winovich and Gary received the ultimate compliment, they were doubled all day.
Until next week, Go Blue, best thing about being 1-1. Gives you opportunity to be 2-1.