1. Next three games will go along ways towards defining the 2018 team.
2. Other than late touchdown, this is probably a perfect Harbaugh coached win.
3a. I always get nervous when you let an inferior team hang around. Especially when you have dominated play.
3b. Happily things worked out.
4. Thought it was bit strange Michigan began last defensive possession with starters still in.
5. Realized they did so to make subbing easier. This is very common.
6. Most improved so far, Donvan Peoples-Jones on punt return. He looks solid now.
7. Getting an unsportsmanlike penalty on non-returned kick-off was disturbing.
8. Was very impressed with how much discipline defense played with.
9. Not as much over penetration.
10. Pursuit angles and playing flat was outstanding.
11. Chase Winovich handled the strong side defensive end better than I thought.
12. Liked how Maryland ran that short motion jet sweep. It gave Michigan some issues.
13. Was also disappointed in how Michigan defended the flats.
14. Had top defensive coordinator once tell me a sign of great defense is when nobody stands out, but defense plays great.
15. If that is true, Michigan’s defense was great today.
16. As much as I like Jordan Glasgow’s grit, he is not the athlete or blitzer Hudson is.
17. Big difference today, Maryland’s inability to have a vertical passing game.
18. Hey officials, just because a blocker whiffs and defenders falls down, it is not automatically holding.
19. If Zach Genrty stays outside on the screen he goes a long ways.
20. Ronnie Bell has a bright future.
21. Good sign, Michigan’s line stayed on their feet today. That is one of the things I have been taught to look for in offensive line play.
22. Other good thing, Michigan’s running back’s were getting beyond the line of scrimmage untouched much of the game.
23. Shea Patterson showed us why being a mobile quarterback helps.
24. I hope we see more of that MVSU stack look.
25. That was beautiful slant route ran out of the formation.
26. Is Ben Mason agile for a 250 lbs. or what?
27. I liked using Big Ed on the short pull today. Nice adjustment.
28. Am I the only one who gets bit nervous when team take a time out on 1st series.
29. Many were upset at hand off to Karan Higdon on 4th and short. As I watched it multiple times am convinced Shea was supposed to pull it. If he does he has the first down and more.
30. On percentages I did not include last series.
31. First down 61% run vs. 39% pass. Few of those completions were huge.
32. Second down 54% vs 46% run. This is a good sign offense is doing well.
33. Third down 58% run vs. 42% pass. Key here is Michigan was not playing behind the chains much.
34. 57% run vs. 43% pass. With Michigan’s size advantage and Jim Harbaugh’s philosophy this makes sense.
35. Time for the Big Boys, buckle up the chin straps and lets find out what were made of. Go Blue!