1. Huge Win, props to our friend WF1 for having the confidence to call it.
2. Despite the huge win, still plenty of room to improve.
3. That is the perfect scenario.
4. Start with special teams, two missed field goals against an Ohio State will cost Michigan.
5. Also some lax punt coverage in first half and a running into the punter.
6. Michigan gets big props for cleaning up the penalty issues this week.
7. Offense was solid and it is a team game, but this one belongs to the defense.
8. Offense helped big time by not turning ball over and controlling field position.
9. But after first quarter, defense played outstanding team defense.
10. I have been tough on Sean McKeon. But have to credit where it’s due.
11. He made 6 huge blocks, including on two long quarterback runs.
12. And only saw one miss. Although it was a big whiff.
13. Zach Gentry’s blocking was disappointing.
14. We talked about using read option to keep defense honest last week and it works to perfection this week.
15. I did get bit nervous on couple of those mess point exchanges though.
16. Talk about tale of two halves. Michigan was 38% run to 62% pass in first half.
17. They threw only six passes in second and were 81% run vs 19% pass in second. I did not chart last series.
18. That comes out to 69% run to 31 % pass for the game.
19 Completely understand why first half passing percentage, Wisconsin consistently had a safety or two in the box.
20. Offensive line definitely played better, but must improve on their blitz pick up.
21. In first quarter defense over penetrated and over pursued.
22. Talk about respect, Wisconsin did not attempt a down field pass until their last series.
23. Last series showed why, they couldn’t handle Michigan’s pass rush.
24. Was any one else bit nervous when Michigan had issues getting Johnathon Taylor to the ground in first half.
25. Been tough on Bryan Mone, with exception of one series, he played his best game this year (IMO).
26. Biggest defensive stat, Wisconsin 1 for 9 on third down.
27. And many of them were on third and short.
28. Interesting that starting Offensive Line was still in game for last series.
29. Not sure why Michigan offense has issues getting proper personal on the field, used two timeouts again because of this.
30. I was also getting bit nervous when Michigan had two short fields at end of second quarter and only had one field goal to show for it.
31. I understood why Michigan played to shorten game, but why Wisconsin did losing 21-7 in fourth made no sense.
32,. Same as last week, when nobody stands out on defense, it is great TEAM defense.
32. On to Sparty, Go Blue!
Come to the GBMW Message Board and give us your thoughts!