What You Need To Know Game Day Thread
What You Need To Know:
• Michigan holds a 13-8 edge in the all-time series with Penn State.
• U-M has won seven of the 10 games against PSU at Michigan Stadium.
• Michigan leads the nation in total defense and pass defense. The Wolverines have held seven of eight opponents to their lowest yardage total of the season.
• Karan Higdon has six 100-yard rushing efforts, including all five B1G games. He is eighth in the NCAA in rushing yardage per game (118.7 avg.).
• Michigan is seventh nationally in time of possession (34:17 avg.).
• The Wolverines lead the conference in eight defensive categories in B1G play.
Wolverines and Nittany Lions:
• This will be the 22nd meeting between Michigan and Penn State.
• The Wolverines lead the all-time series, 13-8, and won their last two match-ups with the Nittany Lions in Ann Arbor: 18-13 in 2014 and 49-10 in 2016.
• PSU won last season’s affair in State College, defeating U-M by a 42-13 score.
• The Wolverines have claimed victory in three of the past four games, with Jim Harbaugh boasting a 2-1 record as head coach.
• Michigan has a 6-2 advantage in games decided by seven points or less.
• Michigan has compiled a 7-3 record against the Nittany Lions at Michigan Stadium.
• The Wolverines maintained a five-game win streak at home against Penn State between 1998 and 2007.
Series vs. PSU: Michigan leads 13-8
Series Streak: Penn State won 1
Last Meeting vs. PSU: 2017 (L, 13-42)
Last Michigan Win: 2016 (49-10)
Michigan When Ranked vs. Penn State
• U-M has been ranked in the AP poll for 16 of the 22 match-ups with Penn State, including the first 10 games of the series.
• Michigan is 10-5 all-time against Penn State when listed in the top 25 of the polls.
• The Wolverines have compiled a 5-4 record against the Nittany Lions when both teams enter the game ranked in the AP poll.
• Michigan has a 3-1 mark against Penn State when ranked in the top 5 of the national polls.
• This will be the seventh time in 11 games played at Michigan Stadium that the Wolverines will enter the contest ranked in the national polls against the Nittany Lions; U-M has a 4-2 record in those previous match-ups and has won the past four match-ups, including a 49-10 game during the 2016 season.
Come to the GBMW Message Board and give us your thoughts in the Game Day Thread!