1. Always good to get a win.
2. Always positive to be able to clear the bench.
3. That said, Rutgers was perfect opponent.
4. Not very physical and terrible at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.
5. Offense had a definite Coach Ed Warinner vibe to it.
6. Attacking the edge more through stretch plays was good to see.
7. Question, why did not we not see that before Rutgers.
8. Forcing Rutgers to defend more of the field opened up other options.
9. Having #9 (Donovan Peoples-Jones) back at closer to full strength made a huge difference.
10. Weirdest D@MN thing, #50 (Michael Onwenu) blocks stretch play and pulls better than inside zone or gaping back.
11. Most times it the opposite.
12. Seems #2 (Shea Patterson) has a phobia about throwing into the end zone.
13. Other than that, (IMO) he played his best game this season.
14. #1 improvement, taking care of the football.
15. Nice use of the play action passing game. Where was that last week?
16. I really liked what I saw of Hassan Haskins. Good burst and gets north and south with authority.
17. If Michigan can figure out how to stop inside penetration the pull game with Christian Turner should be a nice change up.
18. Give Rutgers big props. They were out manned and gunned. But they played to win, not keep game close or survive.
19. I only charted three quarters, but that was the most balanced attack Michigan has shown in a few years.
20. Cameron McGrone has to play. Adds needed athletic ability.
21. If Michigan continues to play man coverage with with Jordan Glasgow Ohio State and Penn State will destroy us.
22. That is the most four front Michigan has used since Jim Harbaugh year 1.
23. Michigan improved vs. seam slant combination.
24. Michigan was awful against crossing routes.
25. If that does not improve offense will need to score 100 points against Ohio State.
26. He is not power conference talented, but love Michael Danna hustle and heart.
27. Over the last three or four season Michigan has had five or maybe six high defensive line draft picks.
28. Recruiting has not replaced that talent and it shows on the field.
29. Tackling in the secondary was improved.
30. Michigan still needs to improve setting the edge.
31. Best pass rush of year, remember who that was against.
32. Michigan showed more stunts up front. Quite a few twists.
33. We will learn more vs. Iowa next week.
34. Until next week, GO BLUE!