1. Ugly WIN, YES. Much needed and still a big win.
2. Was disappointed in Michigan’s punt coverage. Has to improve.
3. Michigan scored 10 points in first six minutes. Offense looked very good. Even had a swagger.
4. Michigan never recovered their rhythm after Shea Patterson interception.
5. Give Iowa some credit, they drove the field and kept Michigan offense on the side lines.
6. I would never run boot to Patterson’s left again.
7. Anyone else get tired of watching running backs and pulling guards running into back side of #50 (Michael Onwenu) and #51 (Cesar Ruiz).
8. I would stunt and angle at those two all game long.
9. I question why staff insists on using Nick Eubanks as a online blocking tight end.
10 Man is great as flex tight end, not so much when blocking.
11. Michigan was 45% run to 55% pass for the game. Nice mix.
12. Trying to run the short and intermediate passing with our wide receivers is head scratcher.
13. I was surprised Michigan did not run some stretch zone.
14. Michigan has to fix the inside pressure opposing defenders get.
15.Iowa’s two high safeties seemed to give Patterson trouble.
16. He consistently missed read them.
17. Michigan’s wide receivers had a bad game blocking.
18. Give Coach Don Brown some props. They did a great job of identifying Iowa tendencies.
19. This was the most aggressive Michigan had been all season.
20. Michigan has used more stunts in last two weeks than in the past four years combined.
21. Michigan was also consistently angling and stunting to Iowa’s strength.
22. Did like the overload blitz.
23. Cameron McGrone has chance to be very good. Needs to show better discipline to get there.
24. Still don’t get using linebackers in man against slots.
25. Anyone else question using #14 (Josh Metellus) in deep coverage over (Daxton Hill).
26. Definitely liked that Michigan kept blitzing against third and long in final two minutes.
27. Still had trouble with crossing routes.
28. Interesting that Iowa had success with short game between the hashes.
29. Actually better than attacking the edge.
30. On other area of concern, defensive tackles over penetrating. Opened up cutback a few times.
31. Iowa had success on third down, Michigan has to improve there also.
32. Until next week Go Blue!