Impressions: Penn State
1. Don’t expect much here. Game has been beat up fairly well already.
2. What were the differences in second half?
3. Michigan stopped the penalties before the whistle. They had five killers in first half.
4. Michigan eliminated, or at least limited big plays.
5. Michigan gave up four plays over twenty yards in first half. Only one in second half.
6. Granted that single big play was a killer!
7. Michigan also did much better job picking up and actually capitalizing on them.
8. What does Michigan offense need to get better if they are going to play with Ohio State and Notre Dame?
9. Have to run the ball better .
10. Have to create more big plays.
11. Have to pick up blitzes better.
12. Not sure why Penn State stopped crowding line of scrimmage, sure glad they did.
13. I would personally blitz Shea Patterson until he made me stop. Pressure sure seemed to rattle him.
14. And led to the huge turnover.
15. If Michigan/Coach Don Brown is going to continue with match ups issues they better figure way to get consistent pressure.
16. What is Einstein’s definition of insanity, doing same things over and over and expecting a different result. Using Michigan’s tight end’s as blockers is perfect example.
17. Missed block by tight end in last series was a killer.
18. Hoping Michigan/Coach Brown figures way to better use Josh Uche. He has a tremendous skill set.
19. Still no reason to use him in man coverage forty yards down field!
20. Have not seen this anywhere else, but Penn State dominated first half because they owned the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.
21. Biggest difference in second half defense, Michigan shut down running game.
22. There was no reason for Lavert Hill to tackle the wide receiver on third and long. Complete lack of discipline.
23. Cameron McGrone was different player in second half.
24. I don’t care if #14 (Josh Metellus) missed signal, still give 100%.
25. And why put him in that situation?
26. Final thought, as bad as first half was, Michigan was one dropped pass and one pass interference call from tying the game.
27. Just shows that Penn State is not as great as their record says.
28. Until next week, Go Blue.