Impressions: Ohio State “The Game”
1. Props to OSU, that is probably the most talented OSU team since 1968.
2. That game was lost in 2016, 2017, and 2018 recruiting classes.
3. That said, Michigan made too unforced errors to have a reasonable chance.
4. Second quarter was perfect example of this.
5. For the record, I have no clue what Michigan defense was trying to accomplish.
6. On other hand, props to Coach Ed Warinner, he came up with solid game plan to handle Chase Young and OSU pass rush.
7. Also thought Michigan had solid offensive game plan of short passes and mismatch creation.
8. Not sure why they went away from it in third quarter.
9. First time in my 50+ years of watching Michigan where the defensive tackles were consistently driven three yards off the line.
10. With OSU driving Michigan off the ball why did Coach Don Brown insist on 5-man box.
11. And what would make Michigan think Josh Metellus could be successful defending 1/2 the field in two high look.
12. Defense giving up at least 8 plays, 35 yards or longer was mind numbing.
13. I say at least, because I quit counting at 8.
14. If I was Cameron McGrone I would sue for non-support.
15. He had large linemen in his lap all afternoon.
16. Give OSU more credit, they stayed away from Michigan corners and attacked overhangs.
17. I disagree with most my Blue Brothers, I was okay taking the field goal after the muffed punt.
18. Getting some points was a must and converting 4th and 11 at that point would of been a miracle.
19. Michigan wide outs considering leaving early should pray that scouts missed that game and don’t have film on it.
20. Michigan secondary continued there head shaking lack of ability to get off blocks.
21. I had no problem Michigan going for it on 4th and short deep in Michigan territory.
22. But why so obvious with wildcat formation.
23. It was what we in coaching call going to the well too often.
24. Back to the second quarter, Michigan had a 14 point swing with 3 unforced errors.
25. Michigan trailed by 15 at the half, could of easily been tied.
26. In second half of game Michigan’s interior offense line got exposed.
27. Two key plays and BIG Michael Onwenu and Cesar Ruiz were two yards driven back into Michigan’s back field.
28. One thing on offense I did not get, Michigan was successful pulling Ruiz. Why they pulled Big Mike who cannot bend to save his life was a mystery.
29. Sean McKeon does quality job running the short and intermediate routes .
30. As usual poor blocking by Tight End’s was an issue.
31. Coach Jim Harbaugh has to make a choice, what type of team does he want.
32. Big and physical, or more athletic.
33. Right now we are neither.
34. This is really evident on the defense.
35. Any one else less than excited about Michigan’s Bowl out look.
36. Until then, Go Blue!