Skip to content
1. That was a huge win. On the road at night.
2. As always, never get too high with an early win, or too low from early season loss.
3. Not very often you can miss three field goals and have a punt blocked and still win.
4. Special teams were my biggest disappointment.
5. Not prepped for short kick off is unforgivable.
6. If not fixed Michigan will lose a game they should win strictly on special teams.
7. One bright spot, kick-off was solid.
8. Defense has a few issues to fix.
9. Biggest being disciplined against misdirection and boots as my #1.
10. Setting edge being #2. Have to keep offenses between the hashes.
11. Overhangs in particular took themselves out of plays too often. Ross looked out of place at Sam.
12. Still had issues with crossing routes.
13. Interesting, Michigan used more stunts and angles than in past.
14. Liked a couple of blitz games off the stunts. Especially with McGrone blitzing.
15. Hutchinson is a freaking beast! He was my defensive MVP.
16. Followed closely by Paye and Barrett.
17. Announcer compared Dax Hill to Peppers.
18. Peppers was a great athlete, Hill is a better overall football player (IMO).
19. One more negative, have to do better job of rerouting and take slants away.
20. Offense was without doubt difference in the game.
21. Best use of formations and sets by Michigan offense is some time.
22. What a difference having a quarterback defenses have to account for makes.
23. Opened up middle of the field.
24. Biggest difference in line play was keeping penetration down. Allowed running backs time to find cutbacks and gain yards.
25. Reason for improvement, play at offensive center.
26. Great job by offense getting numbers advantage over the defense.
27. That just might be the quickest, most athletic group of wide receivers Michigan has had. Not necessarily the best quite yet.
28. Impressive that each time Minnesota scored Michigan had an answer. First for that in some time.
29. Absolutely thrilled at use of empty formation.
30. Finally, if you did not get smile on your face watching Ben Mason you were watching a different game than I was. Set a physical tone that Michigan has been missing.
31. OK I lied, sue me. Major props to Chris Evans. That was hardest, most physical, and assertive he has ran in his Michigan career. True testament to the young man’s character.
Until next week, Go Blue!
You may also like...