1. The class gives roster an infusion of size. All here know I have been harping on Michigan’s size, or lack of size. The defensive back’s have good length. The linemen are all ideal tackle size, offense and defense. The tight ends have length and size. The wide receiver’s have length and great arm length.
2. The class adds athletic ability to back end of the defense. This was a big need with prior regime, defense side, recruiting length over athletic ability. This class has nice combination of the two. That is defensive backs and linebackers.
3. Michigan added a true x-receiver to the roster. And quite possibly two. Michigan went overboard with “speed in space”. Recruiting too many slots type athletes. Adding true X’s to the roster will definitely help stretch defenses and allow staff to expand the passing tree.
4. Probably my favorite part is this class shows a physical side that I love. Watch the film and even the running backs and one of quarterbacks will take the fight to the defenders. Michigan went 12-1 in 2021 because they returned to a physical style of play. This class gives me hope that will continue.
5. And in shout out to the great MaizeMan, all the film I watched showed kids having fun playing the game. They have the passion, of the game MM wanted. Players who have that love are more likely to have the work ethic and off season work ethic needed.
Are there other good things in this class, absolutely. The 5 listed are my personal keys.