X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach's Corner: Just Some Things To Consider

Posted at 6:00am -- 12/1/2014

1) the football bust is this week. And there is no reason to fire Hoke at this point. Does that mean Hoke does not know his fate? he probably has not been told officially---but he understands the situation.

2) here is my take on Harbaugh. There is no way UM is going to put itself in the same position it did 4 years ago. As I pointed out earlier---I am confident that behind the scenes UM knows if Harbaugh is interested or not. UM simply cannot take the chance of waiting and letting Harbaugh decide sometime in mid-January. It is my belief they already know.

3) There is a profession out there called "agents". Every coach --whether he is a HC or a coordinator is involved with an agent. Hackett right now is probably being flooded with calls from these agents. Many of these agents have multiple coaches who they represent. My point is-----although any good agent is going to keep conversations very private----UM knows the landscape of what is legitimately available. My belief is that list is much longer and probably much more involved than people realize. In the end---it will seem like there were just a few choices---but right now---almost every good agent---no matter what their clients situations is----is at least finding out as many particulars as they can.

Point is----UM can really get aggressive if it wants. The problem UM has had in the past is that they are one of the few remaining schools who believe it is still possible to compete in 2014 with values and traditions of the 70's and 80's.

If you as a fan base and administration are going to judge the next coach on performance----then lets take some of the rope of the neck of the new coach the minute he steps on campus. Lets compete.

4) It is amazing to me that UM football has basically been irrelevant---or has lacked success for almost a decade. This while playing in a conference that has also lacked any top rated teams when compared nationally.
    But yet the fan base continues to find fault with almost every candidate who may want to coach at UM.

I remember just a few yrs ago---many were anti-Harbaugh based on some comments he made about UM while coaching at Stanford. Not sure if you call it arrogance, ignorance--or something else---but sooner or later people will understand that in sports---especially in big time college football----winning is what matters. The only people who pat themselves on the back when UM wins a "certain way" is UM and its fans. Nobody else cares.

That does not mean UM is the "only" school who does things "right". UM football in the past decade during its downfall have had more than its share of problems with the program and kids in the program.

UM needs to win------compete----I hope Hackett as long as he is AD---creates this atmosphere.

Written by GBMWolverine Message Board Staff — MaizeMan

Go Blue — Wear Maize!

Twitter: @ErocWolverine
    Message Board: GBMW Message Board
    Site: GBMW Front Page
Working...
X