X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach's Corner: Lets Talk Football -- Game 1 to Game 4

Posted at 6:00am -- September 27, 2015

Every one is talking about the improvement in Michigan's game. Lets talk a bit about those improvements and will prove exactly how simple this game really is.

I am not going to compare this season to 14, that era is past I want to keep it there!

Offense:

1.) Doing better job taking care of the football. Turnovers will kill a team. Not turning it over by itself improves your offense immediately and dramatically.

2.) Offense looks in sync. Team is playing faster because things are timing up.

3.) Alignment and assignment is light years improved. There are fewer and fewer of those glaring blown assignments which is leading to less negative plays. And allows the team to play faster.

Defense:

1.) Michigan's tackling is improved. No longer do I need a calculator keep track of the number of missed tackles.

2.) Michigan is finally starting to hit people. Opponents are starting to show the signs of Michigan's improved physical play. They are slowing down and making the same errors that plagued Michigan.

3.) Alignment and assignment is improved by light years again. Fewer blown assignments and players not doing their job. Defense is keeping everything in front and between the hashes.

4.) Michigan defense is getting off the field. Very few of those 3rd and long pick ups that had throwing my remote at the TV. Again, this comes down to executing the base fundamentals of the game.

Overall:

Michigan stall has a ways to go. We have not played a superior perimeter team yet. But we are starting to see some growth in important areas.

What I am trying to point out in a long winded way is something we have talked about before.

#1. Its not abut the X's and O's, its about the "Jimmy's and Joe's". There is nothing magical about what Michigan is running. It how they are running it.

#2. Football is a simple game. If you perform the basic fundamentals well you will improve and win games! You cannot X and O or scheme your way out of poor tackling, poor blocking, and blown assignmnts.

Written by GBMWolverine Message Board Staff — CoachBT

Go Blue — Wear Maize!

Twitter: @ErocWolverine
    Message Board: GBMW Message Board
    Site: GBMW Front Page
Working...
X