What are your goals for the Michigan Football program the next two years?
GBMW Readers: How frustrated are you with the Michigan football program? A poster on the message board asked the question “What is acceptable for next two years” of Michigan?
What should be Michigan’s goals every year vs. what they are likely going to be Michigan goals every year. Then what are your goals for this team? All three can be very similar or very different for the program going forward depending on your expectations of the program.
Should be: (Every Year Goals)
1) Beat your rivals.
2) Compete for a Big Ten East Division.
3) Win the Big Ten Championship.
4) Make a NY6 Bowl game.
5) Compete for a Playoff spot.
Realistically Anymore: (I have been beaten down a bit now with expectations)
1) Split with your rivals.
2) Every 1-3 years compete for the Big Ten East division.
3) Win the Big Ten Championship 2 years in 10 years which figure OSU dominates, Wisconsin get their piece, PSU and MSU split with us as well.
4) Every other year or every third year get into a NY6 bowl game.
5) Compete for a playoff spot every 3rd year.
My Goals Next Two Years: (If it matters)
1) Beat your rivals 75% of the time which means beating MSU the next two years, and splitting with OSU would be a good start.
2) Win Big Ten east once in the next two seasons and worry about the Big Ten Championship then. I figure if we win the East we likely win the Big Ten Championship at least right now.
3) If we win the Big Ten Championship we likely get into a playoff spot or at least in most years that will likely happen.
4) NY6 bowl game should be a goal every year (we had 3 teams from Big Ten in it this year) and doesn’t matter about Rose Bowl anymore, but would be nice if it works that way.
5) Compete like your one of the best in the country especially when you look at our facilities, our recruiting, our head coach salary (top 3) and also our assistant coaches salaries (top 3).
All these parameters are near the top in college football so we should be as well as a team.
If those things all add up that usually means a very good season whether it is on the field or off the field and whether it is in the playoffs or a NY6 game.
To me, anymore that is how you dictate on a good season anymore because if you make it into one of the NY6 bowl games that means you have done well and competed the entire season along with usually beating somebody on your schedule to get to that point.
You must be logged in to post a comment.