Impressions: Michigan State
by CoachBT · November 17, 2019
- Michigan played their best game, including Notre Dame.
- That said, game said as much about how far Sparty as fallen as Michigan has improved.
- #1 issue has to fix if they want to play with OSU, penalties.
- Two areas Michigan defense has improved at. Setting the edge and pursuit.
- Michigan has getting 4 and 5 hats to the ball on a regular basis.
- Two biggest areas if offense improvement. Pass protection and handling the football.
- If you want a third for the offense, blocking.
- Especially by Wide Receivers.
- Tarik Black in particular was extremely physical blocking.
- Never I thought I would say this, but Sean McKeon makes a big difference to the offense.
- From the slot he runs a very nice seam route that keeps safeties honest.
- Gets Black, Nico Collins, and Donovan Peoples-Jones single coverage on the outside.
- Last two weeks Michigan offense has answered with Touchdown after giving up a Touchdown.
- Cannot overstate the importance of this.
- And followed it up with possibly the best drive of the season.
- 98 yards and a Touchdown.
- Shea Patterson still holds the ball too long, but the improved pass pro helps smooth it over.
- How long since Michigan has made a big special teams play and then went for jugular?
- Michigan Offensive linemen are finally showing solid cohesion and getting the needed double teams.
- When you play aggressive defense you will make a few mistakes.
- Michigan did this with getting hurt by play action.
- And by over pursuing and penetrating at times.
- Not sure I can overstate the difference Cameron McGrone has made.
- Turned solid defense into a very good one.
- I was Okay with Aidan Hutchinson penalty. About time some one got ****** off and stood up for a team mate.
- I know Michigan is playing faster, but MSU sure looked slow.
- Good to see Quinn Nordin start to get his confidence back and hit a few big field goals.
- Also nice to see the true freshmen slots (Giles Jackson and Mike Sainristil) start to contribute in a significant way.
- Quite a bit of talk about Michigan running up the score. My opinion has always been it’s not my job to stop my offense.
- I do wish Michigan would of given a series to Dylan McCaffrey and some of the young linemen.
- Two weeks to the season, but don’t over look Indiana on the road!
- Until next week, GO BLUE!
Tags: Big TenMichigan FootballMichigan State
You may also like...
You must be logged in to post a comment.