by CoachBT · November 15, 2020
- Might be shorter than normal, only so many ways to say how terrible Michigan is.
- How do you take a bad football team and make them awful? Simple, turnover the football.
- What we saw from Wisconsin yesterday is what I thought Michigan under Harbaugh would be. Only with better wide receivers and quarterback talent. A big physical and nasty football team.
- First thing that stood out to me was the size difference. Michigan defensive line in particular looked like the JV’s vs the Varsity.
- For the most part they could of stopped playing after the second turnover.
- Going to give the defensive backs some props, they were definitely better yesterday.
- Even helped in the run game for first time this season.
- I know, Wisconsin wide receivers are definitely not to be confused with say, OSU’s.
- They were still positional better this week.
- Same issue with overhangs not setting the edge or staying home.
- I don’t get Coach Brown sitting in the 4-3 when opponents is killing you on sweeps and boots.
- And while on the subject of not getting it, why does the defense not use specialty packages.
- Watching them have defensive backs line up on line of scrimmage in goal line and short yardage is somewhere between frustrating and infuriating.
- Lack of size on defense showed in second half.
- Defense wore down and tackling got very shoddy.
- I don’t want to get too negative on Milton, but he is (IMO) broken mentally and not sure he gets it back this season.
- We talk a lot about development here, but can tell you a college quarterback coach told me recently taking quarterback projects any more at higher levels is waste of time.
- It takes so many reps to prep your top two that after that there is nothing left for extras.
- Despite many people disparaging Bell, if entire program played with his effort and fire we would not be 1-3.
- I went back and watched Sparty again and I am going to surprise some. Offensive line has not been horrible last three games.
- It is not defensive linemen killing us. It is linebackers and overhangs.
- In this style of offense if you cannot force defenses to defend the field you will not run the ball.
- And defenses are able to load the box and not forced to pay a price for doing so.
- Call me old school or worse. But I wish Michigan would get under center on fourth and less than one. Why take the ball four yards to gain a yard?
- Not sure why we did not see more of Haskins, he runs hard and always gives an effort.
- Huge week for Michigan staff this week, what do they do at quarterback for starters.
- If I was Harbaugh I would call entire staff in and tell them to play the twenty-two players who will play the hardest and not quit, not necessarily the most talented.
- I am going to half agree with my good friend Diehard. Harbaugh has definitely lost this team.
- But I still think we are short on the talent side. We lack size and speed on defense.
- And definitely need help at quarterback and also need a vertical stretch and depth at offensive line.
- Guess I lied, (LOL), the usual length.
- To my Blue Brothers, Keep your heads up, stick together,and until next week, GO BLUE!
You must be logged in to post a comment.