Michigan Football: Week 2 Thoughts
by CoachBT · September 13, 2021
- 2-0 is a great way to start the season.
- I have to give props to coaching staff.
- Team is organized and well prepped.
- Special props to Mike Hart.
- RB play has been very good. All 3 are showing great discipline and strong fundamentals.
- We are not seeing the RB’s over running holes or missing cut backs.
- Offense line stepped up and took the game over in 2nd half.
- UM gave up too much penetration in 1st half.
- IMO post man on combination and doubles was not doing good job setting up the over take block.
- Props to TE for improved blocking.
- They made key blocks on UM’s 3 big long runs.
- When was the last time UM offense finished off a game with a 6 minute drive and TD?
- Personally like that Coach Harbaugh is going for it on 4th and short.
- That is the mindset we have been missing.
- That physical mindset and confidence that we can get this done!
- Some negatives, UM WR’s have to block better in space.
- 6 missed blocks are too many and will hurt vs better comp.
- Nice addition to the offense of the counter.
- Going to bring up the great Maizeman’s pet peeve. Cade has to get rid of the ball quicker. Hangs onto it way too long at times.
- Defense was not as sharp as last week.
- Had to scramble getting personnel on field and set at a key time. Cannot allow this to happen.
- Scheme sure makes a difference, Hutch is different player in MacDonald’s scheme.
- UM gave up inside release to WR 6 times and cost them 3 – 1st downs and a TD. Has to get fixed!
- Tackling was not terrible, but not as sharp as last week. Counted 5 times missed tackles that had a big effect. Too Many!
- I was tough on Ross last week. He was definitely improved this week.
- UM did a very good job of setting the edge. There were times Washington bounced and all times UM turned it in.
- Corners were slow to get their head around.
- I was impressed with young guns Jenkins, Coloson, and Ojabo. All have the skills to make a big contributions.
- UM did a nice job of not giving up yards after catch. Closed and made tackle on short passes.
- Special teams were a plus overall.
- Only 1 negative, please catch the D*MN punts, my personal pet peeve.
- Still with 52 yard FG and fake punt conversion have to special teams battle to UM.
- That’s All, until next week. GO BLUE!
You must be logged in to post a comment.