Michigan Football: Week 7 Thoughts
1. 7-0, does not get any better.
2. On a personal note, I enjoyed watching NW’s #40 yesterday.
3. Yes I coached him a few years ago.
4. Let’s talk about a few coaching decisions.
5. I liked UM taking the TO at the end of the 1st half.
6. Sends a loud and clear message, We Finish Everything.
7. Not sure why UM gets cute in the red zone. Or why they went for two up 33-7.
8. If you going to commit to running game then use it to finish.
9. UM had some issues blocking backside again.
10. Major reason, Cade is no threat on the read option.
11. I do think JJ needs to learn to slide. Takes a few too many hits.
12. UM in the short term is not going to be an offensive juggernaut.
13. Not enough skill at WR or good enough play at QB.
14. Both are equally responsible for UMs very average passing game.
15. I did not like the penalty against #66.
16 Yes technically it is penalty, but IMO it is simply a great football play.
17. UM needs to be more aware of the 1st down markers.
18, 3 times it was an issue. Move the chains.
19. 2 turnovers was 2 to many.
20 UM offense did a very good job shortening the game. That is Cade’s #1 strength.
21. When was the last time we saw a UM offensive line push the pile and allow a RB to get a 1st down?
22. UM punt and KO coverage teams were outstanding.
23. I really liked when UM stemmed the front. Gave NW some issues
24. Not as huge of fan of UM flipping to the strength late.
25. Colson is showing signs of being a player.
26. Corners have to do a better job getting off blocks.
27. Also took some bad angles at time. Lead to some big plays by NW.
28. Not sure why UM allowed NW to get numbers advantage vs. the quick WR screen.
29. UM is doing a great job of running to the ball.
30. Front 7 does excellent job sliding laterally.
31. If that continues this week it would be a big plus.
32. Much has been said about Moody being a plus, but we also should acknowledge Robbins is also a plus punting.
33. UMs zone blitz works so well because they get consistent pressure in base packages.
34. Coach Mac made a nice adjustment vs the WR screen. Liked how they used 2 high safeties and then had them on the screen.
35. We will get a good idea exactly where this team is at this week.
36. Until next week, GO BLUE.
You must be logged in to post a comment.