Super points coach, tough to make a list that long and accurate considering the game, but you pulled it off. Some other points:
1) I hope the wideouts are having challenging practices-tough catches, jump balls, busting up press coverage, etc. Sooner or later, this group will be the difference against big strong lines.
2) Warren is not a fluke, he can play.
3) I was never a big fan of Stokes HS film, but he did have one strength I noticed- an instant burst at the right time. His stride watching him in person is more impressive than the film. Like any decent back, get him to the second level and he can cause some damage.
4) We have not seen the best on Edwards- we will.
5) McCarthy loves to play football, more so than many others.
6) It may be tough sledding for UM’s young interior d-line guys, but as of now they appear to grasp the scheme and execute technique. This is due to very good coaching, read Elston and Minter. There are at least 3-4 guys playing better than most expected. Once again, never place limits on what a young player can do.
7) Just love the gap plays and how the tight ends make it work.
8) Team organization appears strong, but no street situation yet to test quick staff reaction.
9) Message for backups on defense- ‘Wanna play, don’t let them score. Nice little goal line stand at the end. Symbolic, but important for that crew.
You must be logged in to post a comment.