by CoachBT · September 11, 2022
- Give UM props for doing what they needed. Easily handled an inferior opponent.
- From 1st snap it was obvious UM had a gigantic talent advantage.
- Good News, UM also appeared to come out with no major injuries.
- Not trying to p*ss on anyone’s cornflakes, but it is important to keep in mind UM’s big advantage in talent.
- UM’s had 2 major advantages.
- UM team speed was on a different level.
- And UM linemen, on both sides, completely owned the LOS.
- UM linemen were creating a new LOS on almost every play the #1s were in on.
- What was impressive was how UM blocked the edge.
- WR, TE’s, and linemen were hooking and sealing Rainbow edge players.
- Guessing Coach Hart had a conversation with Corum.
- Danced a bit too much early and it hurt.
- As game progressed he dropped the pad and got north and south in a hurry.
- Just me, but I would have liked to see JJ start the 2nd half.
- I know the game was already over. Still, there is skill to coming out of the locker room, warming up, and getting the adrenaline pumping again.
- Would of been nice to give him that experience.
- I agree, at this point JJ has won the job.
- He completely changes the game.
- Defenses have to account for him run game and he backs the safeties up.
- Biggest difference IMO is he gets the ball to short routes in a hurry.
- UM had more after catch yards than normal..
- Defense, what can we say, #1s dominated.
- UM DT’s shut down the Rainbow inside zone schemes.
- In that offense if you cannot run the inside zone, you are in a world of hurt.
- What impressed me most was not only did UM set the edge, they had 7 or 8 defenders to the ball all night.
- Mike Morris had an outstanding game.
- As would be expected, UM defense did not show much. But that linebacker cross blitz, twist, was a new scheme. And I liked it. Might put that in for this week.
- A back up who impressed me was Benny. Moved very well for a Big Body.
- Please work on the punt return. Get everyone the H@LL away on those Peter Punts.
- Would be remiss if I did not mention Edwards. He is a special talent and a match up nightmare. Reminds me a bit of Reggie Bush’s skill set
- Stokes has future at RB also.
- That’s all, until next week, GO BLUE.
You must be logged in to post a comment.