Impressions: TCU — College Football Playoffs
by CoachBT · January 2, 2023
- Almost did not do this. Seems a bit anti-climatic. But will give it a try.
- Everyone be honest. If I had told you UM would be 13-1, beat OSU, and make the play offs would you of considered that a positive season.
- Regardless what happened week 14.
- I was messaging with E last night and said I was not sure whether to be P*ssed at the sloppiness, or proud of how hard they fought and never quit.
- There were 3 times last night when I am guessing many said this is over. And UM fought back.
- Again be honest, if I had told UM would throw 2 picks 6s and have the ball inside the 5 3 times and only score 3 points would you have predicted UM would be this close.
- Give TCU credit, every time UM pulled to within 1 score they answered.
- My biggest disappointment was UM defense seemed confused and scrambling too often.
- UM really needs a stud run stopping thumper at linebacker.
- It was embarrassing that TCU QB ran for key yards and neither linebacker stepped up made him wish he had not.
- TCU also gained yards between the tackles on 2nd down multiple times that let them maintain field position advantage.
- Lack of consistent pass rush was a killer.
- I do not believe Morris was completely healthy yet.
- Other than Mazi, no d Line was a major factor.
- UM could use a stud safety also.
- Ssinstil is a very good nickle, but really need some to handle slots and cover in man situations.
- Robbins punting has really dropped off.
- Has not been the same since he was roughed.
- We will miss Moody.
- Anybody else questioning Edwards health
- He was not explosive and very tentative.
- I am still shocked he was caught from behind on play #1.
- And defender did not have a great angle on him.
- The only reason I can figure UM did not use him more in the passing game. Or in the red zone.
- With how TCU was playing he would of been a big weapon in the short game and running wheel routes.
- UM tackles did not have great games yesterday.
- Why UM did not take more advantage of JJs legs is a mystery.
- What are you saving him for, off season conditioning.
- And why did UM insist on throwing the ball outside the hash?
- JJ is much better between the hashes.
- 30 Both picks were to his right and at the hash or outside it.
- Not as upset as some by Mullings fumble call.
- UM was setting up JJ on the keep.
- And on the 1st red series why in the H@ll would you take TO to run a gadget play.
- Talk about a big red flag.
- In closing I will state the obvious, losing Corum finally caught up with UM.
- I am convinced Edwards is not an every down back. UM needs to find one if they want to make a 3rd run.
- Happy New Years To My Blue Brothers. Until next season. GO BLUE.
Tags: Big TenCollege Football PlayoffsMichigan FootballTCU
You may also like...
You must be logged in to post a comment.