X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach's Corner: Already Thinking About Next Year

Posted at 6:00am -- 11/29/2014

1) Our DL could be special. There were numerous snaps today that UM had Taco, Hurst, Mone, and Poggi in the game at the same time. And they held their own. In addition---a very much improved Mario, a healthy Pipkins along with Wormley returning---and you have a very good group.

2) I thought our OL played well at times. And showed signs of being able to move people off the ball. Another yr of development----and some good young OL's pushing in the off-season---and I think this group is very good next yr.

Note:---anytime you have a team that is strong on both lines---you have the makings of a good football team.

3) Next yr we simply have to get faster at LB. One way of upgrading speed is taking either thomas or Clark and moving them to an OLB spot. In addition---Gedeon upgrades or overall speed in the middle. We have to get faster at LB----.

4) Peppers and Lewis gives us 2 very good CB's. Problem with UM is after that it goes downhill quickly. Stribling has shown no progress and right now I could not even name who the favorite would be to play nickel.

5) Next yr the TE position should be an area of strength. Butt already established---Hill was much better than expected---and Bunting will be a big target.

6) WR ---hard to judge because of our lack of QB play. But to me the key to our WR crew next yr may be Canteen. Not sure what happened to Chesson late in the yr---Darboh will be in the line-up== but we lack play-makers at WR.

7) But---again---UM may struggle unless we get some sort of consistent QB play. Whoever is the next coach--development of QB has to be the top priority.

Note:---Hoke is really a great man---and it just too bad he hitched his wagon to Gardner. It basically cost him his job. All other areas of UM football team looked worse because of the play of Gardner.

So---does UM have enough talent? yes and no---Yes they have enough talent to be very competitive in Big 10. They have talent at certain position groups --(such as DL and TE)---that will considered in the top group. But---they still lack enough athleticism---to compete and be considered a top 10 program. Good news is with a handful of top recruits----this could change.

8) No matter who the coach is next yr--I think UM is going to be very good running the football. Harbaugh is the favorite of most fans---(myself included)----but if no Harbaugh--put me in the camp who like Schiano.

Going to be a very long off-season.

Written by GBMWolverine Message Board Staff — MaizeMan

Go Blue — Wear Maize!

Twitter: @ErocWolverine
    Message Board: GBMW Message Board
    Site: GBMW Front Page
Working...
X